Winter Camping Has Its Perks!
Winter Camping has its perks, especially at Heritage Trails Campground! There are no bugs and the country is transformed into a peaceful winter wonderland. But you need to be prepared to have a successful winter campout by being dressed correctly and having your campsite prepared for winter as well. Once you’re ready, you can enjoy many activities that Heritage Trails Campground Winter Camping has to offer with our 74 acres available year-round to campers:
Skidoo – ATV – Side By Side – Cross Country Skiing
Snow Shoeing – Igloo Building – Snow Man Building – Ice Fishing
When winter camping at Heritage Trails Campground you can bring your side by side, ATVs, and especially your Snow Mobiles to Heritage Trails Campground to use on our 74 acres of trail that connect to the main EOTA trail system.
Winter Camping Rules
That being said, there are some guidelines we need to follow to ensure everyone’s safety and a few extra rules:
- You must pre-book online for yourself and all guests accompanying you as we may not have someone in the office to check you in
- Bookings must be more than 48 hours in advance or we reserve the right to cancel your stay (we have to get the roads plowed and ensure a safe winter camping environment)
- Failure to follow this rule may result in your inability to stay at HTC!
- Check In Time is at 2pm daily
- Check Out Time is at 11am daily
- Propane heat only, no electric heaters are permitted
- Propane exchange is available during winter months!
- All guests must sign a Winter Camping Release of Liability Waiver which goes over the rules and safety tips to ensure a happy and healthy stay during the winter season
- All ATVs, Snowmobiles, or other power toys must have valid insurance
- Proof of insurance must be emailed to Winter@HeritageTrailsCampground.com
[gravityform id=”2″ ]